In the previous blog I mentioned that procrastination (postponing what is supposed to be completed ) is one of the major problems many face whether it is exams or work on hand for employees. This leads to stress and tension and also makes one to remain amateur with limited life skills. Most of the sub optimal quality of the products we use , the quality of life citizens are living are due to the result of amateurs at work. They try their best to beat the system and remain at sub optimal levels delivering low quality service or products. This affects the quality of the whole society. Those who are reading this blog should understand that
“Inspiration is for amateurs – the rest of us just show up and get to work. And the belief that things will grow out of the activity itself and that you will – through work – bump into other possibilities and kick open other doors that you would never have dreamt of if you were just sitting around looking for a great ‘art [idea].’ And the belief that process, in a sense, is liberating and that you don’t have to reinvent the wheel every day. Today, you know what you’ll do, you could be doing what you were doing yesterday, and tomorrow you are gonna do what you [did] today, and at least for a certain period of time you can just work. If you hang in there, you will get somewhere.” Chuck-close http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2012/12/27/chuck-close-on-creativity/
The title’s sentence is given by a legendary photorealist chuck close (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Close)
So if you want to achieve something great you should come out of your comfort zone and work towards your greater self.
Here are some tips, so you can organize your time for a greater productive life.
- A workplace/study place with minimal distractions. Put away your cell phones remove the plugs of the TV sets and make sure your room or work place is not having any kind of distractions so you can finish the most important task on hand to reach your goals.
- A Daily walk. Make sure while walking you are not just listening to songs. If you are having something to achieve/or have a problem to solve and need a plan then watch the people, watch the surroundings and watch your mind’s thoughts. Connect the events on the road with your thoughts to come up with something that can help to solve the problem you have on hand.
- Accountability metrics. Ernest Hemingway tracked his daily word output on a chart to mark his progress. Many genius people track their progress every day to make sure they are reaching their goals.
- Important work verses busy work. We are so connected today that distractions are so many and confuse us what is important work verses what keeps us busy. Social websites such as Facebook and twitter keeps us busy but we have to make sure what is important for the progress of us not the progress of social website and not making their owners rich. We need to know what is important for us to reach our goals and prioritize that more.
- Make time to relax. We should be able to stop when we are working too much; sacrificing our health and our social obligations with our near and dear. Workaholics and people who spend too much time on one task may become sick and may burn out early. A nice stroll in the morning, evening,visiting a holy place, a park, a nice time spent with a friend are some examples of rejuvenating our energies for the big task next day.
- A supportive partner. It would be wonderful to have one who understand yours needs, help you to reach your goals, provide the comfort you need when you are worried, reduce your stress and tensions and stand beside you in your life’s journey of sorrow to grandeur
So get back to work my friends and have a quality life, while I provide the inspiration to amateurs with more blogs to bring them to quality life too.
Please provide your feedback on this blog as comments Thanks