- Walk. Instead of riding a motor bike or car and polluting nature try walking/Bicycling more if your work or studies are within 3 to 10 KM radius. While walking make sure you are trying to find something new on the route. Look at the sky, try listening to the sounds of birds or focus to see if you can find rhythm in the noise around you, watch the shops, advertisement boards (bill boards) , people or anything that your eyes or ears can catch. Learn something new. Change the route. Don’t use the same route you take every day. By going on a new route you will be more attentive and can learn or feel something new. By not sticking to routine you can learn a lot and become much smarter
- Exercise: Physical fitness is very important factor. Without a fit body or peaceful mind you cannot achieve success or reach your goals. The old saying “health is Wealth” has become so important in today’s digital world where millions of people are killing time and become obese (Fat ) and inviting disease by just sitting in front of computers browsing Facebook or YouTube videos for hours together. By regular physical exercise, Yoga and meditation your brain is creating BDNF (brain-derived neurotropic factor ) that helps you to stay smart.
- Sleep: Maintain fixed times for when you eat and when you sleep. It is very important that your body gets the recommended 7 to 8 hours of sleep and make sure you have a fixed time for it. Half an hour before sleep think of the problem or a burning issue you have to solve that day and could not derive an answer. Our brains remain working while we are sleeping and by next day morning you may find a solution to your problem. So sleep will not only keep your body healthy but helps in solving some unsolved issues during the day and you are wiser today then yesterday.
- Don’t stay in comfort zone.Look back at your daily routine. We don’t use mind for brushing our teeth, taking bath or going to work or class because we are doing it every single day. That means we are in comfort zone. That makes your brain dull since you don’t need to use your brain for daily routine whether it is work or going to class or doing daily chores. You should make sure you do something new on a given day. Learn to fix your bike, learn music , learn a new art. Never remain content with what you know. Share knowledge with others ; that forces you to learn new things to remain relevant. Make a promise to yourself that every day you will be going to learn something new. Make sure to keep your promise and you will be surprised with what you can do. One example : want to learn English? Everyday learn 3 to 10 words; build a sentence using the words and save the same in a word document. Next day just revise the previous words and continue with the new words you come across this day. One good habit you should get is reading English newspapers. The habit of reading is a great asset. It helps in learning language and gives tremendous boost to your general knowledge on world’s affairs. Recently one of the student took an adventure of bungee jumping and tested his nerves. The event will make him bolder and now he can carry the experience of that sport for life and do something more interesting in life leaving behind the comfort zone. Here is the link of his adventure https://www.facebook.com/praneet.kandarpa/posts/384951774875430
- Trust yourself and your talents: Many of us have hidden talents for something. Some may love playing a guitar, some love to race motor bikes, some are good in writing software code and love it, and some may be good in fixing a bike. Cultivate the habit more and more even in spite of hurdles from other. You may have an idea that many of your family or friends may call as stupid. If you believe in yourself and in your idea then just go forward in spite of hurdles. Just focus in mastering what you want to achieve. The same people who ridiculed you , or laughed at you will come back to praise you once you succeed with your efforts. Ultimately the focus is be smart and achieve great success in life by living a. healthy and happy life.
So now you know how simple it is to become smart. If you are distracted by too many things or too much to do in a day then watch this funny video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc57X0j_UwM
If you practiced the above and achieved results please put a comment on this blog so people can get inspiration from you . Good luck and as always I love to hear your suggestions as a comment on this blog