In our school and college days we have seen how sports are conducted. For example if there is a running race then there are clearly marked paths on which the runners have to run. That means they have a starting point and a finishing point. Without a set path there is a chance that the runners can run from any point and end at any point. That means they have a direction to follow. In life we also need a direction to focus and succeed in whatever we wish to achieve. We also need skills such as determination, right attitude and knowledge. We measure distances with a ruler, time by the ticks of a clock and small steps of progress by tasks scratched off our list. We are judged by others on what we achieved in life not by what you think internally that you can achieve. We judge ourselves based on our assumptions about us. Suppose if you think you can manage in interview without knowing proper English or not having sufficient communication skills you are ruining your chances of succeeding. Even if luck favors you and you get thru the interview you will get stuck in the career without growth until you acquire skills needed to progress. If you don’t get the habit of preparing well in advance whether for exams or for interview you are no different from a Gambler.
People can definitely succeed if they spend at least some few hours of every day on developing their skills. If you choose to avoid the hard question to know about your weakness you may loose an opportunity. Those are life changing moments sometimes.
Remember that we waste lot of time in a day that doesn’t add value to our lives. The fun of mastering some skills stays with you lifelong. So obviously you need to focus on the most important skills you need, to become a successful person
What you can do is sit alone and just write down honestly what is your goals or aspirations and what is your weakness (for example not having good communication skills etc) and what it requires you to master that skill. Until you resist the influences of the surroundings and other time wasting activities you cannot make it to the top. The most productive hours of your life should not be wasted. They belong to you and you are the master of your destiny. So your destiny is in your hand. As we strongly believe in god remember god blesses only those who work sincerely towards their intentions and wishes.
Never assume we know it all and Never assume that what we think is correct.
Consider the following.
1) At the top of a blank piece of paper write this heading “I assume that the following points are important” for me to succeed.
2) Then, start a new section with the heading, “These things influence my mind and divert my attention from achieving success in life” It should include time spent every day on unproductive things that does not add value for you to become successful.
3) Now list all the things that help you to learn the skills needed Take advice from your parents, Professors, teachers etc for better results.
4) At the end of this list… “I assume there’s nothing else I could add to this list”
5) Right at the very bottom write the following… “I assume all of the above is true.” You need to focus on what it needs to reach your goals.