A QR code (short for Quick Response) is a specific matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code), readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera phones. Learn more on QR codes in Wikipedia.
On Facebook you can use QR codes for sending some secret message to your sweetheart/girlfriend/boyfriend or share some photo or video with select friends.
Essentially, you point your camera at the image and get a message, website, or other piece of content beamed directly to your smartphone or computer. On Facebook if you want to share a photo or something else you can use QR codes to make you look smart.
Here are the steps on how to use QR codes.
- What do you want to share. Share something special (resume to be only viewed by company/ secret message) with somebody
- Find a QR code generator. There are some websites for you to generate QR codes. http://qrcode.kaywa.com/ , http://zxing.appspot.com/generator/, http://www.qrstuff.com/ , http://www.sparqcode.com/static/maestro Go to one of the websites and use their software to generate the QR code.
- Add your stuff. On the particular QR website choose the options of what you want a QR be made of. Examples Phone number for someone special. You website link, marriage/birthday or other events invitations, text, sms message, Resume.
- Make sure it works. You need a reader software app to be downloaded to your Phone with camera to read the QR core you generated.
- Share it. Share the code on facebook or on your website or to with your special somebody.