We all live in hope. But Hope is not a strategy to succeed in Life. You need to work towards your goals in a more proper and practical way. You have to work towards a plan to support your development and the plan should be specific, realistic, with clear time frames and small manageable goals. For example Good communication skills are mandatory to enable a prospective employer to know about you clearly so that they can judge your capability much better and give you a job. But acquiring soft skills such as proper usage of English language or how to communicate what you think requires you to spend time on trainings on soft skills. Companies want to hire students who are complimenting their academic education with employability skills (soft skills). When writing an action plan to achieve a particular goal or outcome, you can get much help from the following steps.
• Clarify your goal. Can you get a clear picture of what your goal is? Can you measure your goals (you cannot have a goal like becoming rich overnight)? What problems do you have to reach your goal, like the limits on time, money, or no proper trainers?
• Write a list of things you need to do. Write down all actions you may need to take to achieve your goal. Write all possible ways of reaching your goals. Write down all the problems you have in achieving your goals and write down all the ideas to overcome that problems.
• Analyze, prioritize. Look and think of what you have written. What are the absolutely necessary and effective steps to achieve your goal? Give priority to all the action items that helps you to achieve your goals and get rid of things that are not important for you to succeed.
Example: A student wants to write GATE and also wants to attend campus interviews. Both need trainings. For interview he needs soft skills (some example of soft skills are Communication Skills ,Presentation & Work Communication Skills ,Interpersonal & Team Skills ,,Personal Effectiveness Skills ,Cross-Cultural Skills ,English Language Skills, Problem solving skills)
Between these two options he has to prioritize his time and trainings while he is attending regular college.
• Organize your list into a plan. Decide on the order of the plan. What is important in life for you? Write down in a sequence what is most important for your success. Things such as academic education, soft skills training should be given high priority and time than having fun and partying with friends.
• Monitor the execution of your plan and review the plan regularly. How much have you progressed towards your goal by now? What new information you have got? Use this information to further adjust and optimize your plan.
So tell me how you are planning and if you need trainings on soft skills , I want you to consider skillsnest as partner in helping and shaping your life . We are here to help students to excel from “Grassroot thinking to Global employability”